Any of our service options can be customized to meet your needs.
Here are a few common choices that families make:
With this option, there is a visitation (calling hours) held at our funeral home in advance of the burial.
A visitation is when the body is laid out in the casket (which may be open or closed) at the funeral home so that family and friends may pay their respects and say goodbye to the deceased.
Just as important, the visitation can be a time for family and friends to meet and console each other prior to arriving at the cemetery. You can schedule a visitation for any calling hours that you would like, for example, 2-4 PM, 7-9 PM or 4-8 PM, etc. The visitation can be restricted to just close friends and family, or be open to the public. You can even have a combination of private and public calling hours.
Amenities here at Castiglia Funeral Home, Inc. include:
- Cafe for refreshments
- Complimentary coffee, water and hot chocolate
- Modern audio/visual system
- TV's are mounted throughout the funeral home for photo/video slideshows
- Three operating fireplaces for ambiance
- Ground level entrance
- Casket selection room
- Open floor plan throughout the funeral home
- Large bathrooms
- Handicap accessible
Play the Music Your Loved One Listened to and Enjoyed
Did your loved one listen to a special type of music that represented his or her life?
We have a state-of-the-art audio system that allows us to play any genre of music.
We can facilitate funeral services with full military honors for honorably discharged veterans.
We will treat your loved one with the dignity, honor, and respect they deserve.
- Flag presentation
- Playing of taps
- Patriot Guard Riders form a flag line and/or escort your veteran throughout the ceremony
- Presidential Memorial Certificate
- U.S. Flag
We personalize funeral services for Firefighters, Paramedics, Police Officers, and all First Responders.
Firefighter or Police Officer
- Incorporate any honors or traditions that the department has established.
- Utilize fire trucks and/or police vehicles in the funeral procession.
- Have bagpipers play at the visitation or funeral service.
- Display the deceased uniform and equipment.
What's Included with a Direct Cremation?
Direct Cremation: $625 (Funeral Home Charge)
The minimal services necessary to cremate a decedent and return the cremated remains to the family.
Our Direct Cremation service includes:
- Local transfer of remains from the place of death to our funeral home
- Services of our Funeral Directors and Staff
- Obtaining the necessary authorizations
- Local transportation of remains to the crematory
- An alternative container for transportation of the remains to the crematory
- Return of the cremated remains to funeral home
- Release of cremated remains to the next-of-kin or informant
*Does not include crematory charge or cash advance items such as newspaper notice or certified copies of death certificates.
What are the Additional Benefits of Direct Cremation?
No embalming is required. Since there is no public event, such as a viewing or funeral service, where the body will be seen by family members and guests; there is no need for extensive body preparations.
The purchase of a casket is unnecessary. The body is cremated in a simple cardboard container, rather than a traditional casket. And the money you save can be used to purchase a more appropriate cremation urn in which to safeguard your loved one's cremated remains.
Direct burial is similar to a direct cremation, as it is the most cost effective burial option available.
A direct burial is the interment of a body in the days immediately following death.
A casket and an outer burial container would be utilized for burial.
No viewing or visitation would be held at the funeral home and embalming is not required.
A Memorial Service may be held Graveside.
For those families that choose a service where embalming is not requested or required, we have an On-Site Mortuary Refrigeration System for the proper and respectful care of the deceased when in our care.
Contact us for more information
Call: (716) 824-6435