Any of our service options can be customized to meet your needs.
Here are a few common choices that families make:
With this option, there is a visitation (calling hours) held at our funeral home in advance of the burial.
A visitation is when the body is laid out in the casket (which may be open or closed) at the funeral home so that family and friends may pay their respects and say goodbye to the deceased.
Just as important, the visitation can be a time for family and friends to meet and console each other prior to arriving at the cemetery. You can schedule a visitation for any calling hours that you would like, for example, 2-4 PM, 7-9 PM or 4-8 PM, etc. The visitation can be restricted to just close friends and family, or be open to the public. You can even have a combination of private and public calling hours.
Amenities here at Castiglia Funeral Home, Inc. include:
- Cafe for refreshments
- Complimentary coffee, water and hot chocolate
- Modern audio/visual system
- TV's are mounted throughout the funeral home for photo/video slideshows
- Three operating fireplaces for ambiance
- Ground level entrance
- Casket selection room
- Open floor plan throughout the funeral home
- Large bathrooms
- Handicap accessible
Play the Music Your Loved One Listened to and Enjoyed
Did your loved one listen to a special type of music that represented his or her life?
We have a state-of-the-art audio system that allows us to play any genre of music.
We can facilitate funeral services with full military honors for honorably discharged veterans.
We will treat your loved one with the dignity, honor, and respect they deserve.
- Flag presentation
- Playing of taps
- Patriot Guard Riders of New York form a flag line and/or escort your veteran throughout the ceremony
- Presidential Memorial Certificate
- U.S. Flag
We personalize funeral services for Firefighters, Paramedics, Police Officers, and all First Responders.
Firefighter or Police Officer
- Incorporate any honors or traditions that their department has established.
- Use fire trucks or police vehicles in the procession.
- Have bagpipers play at the visitation or service.
- Display their uniform and equipment.
In addition to traditional funeral services, we also provide cremation options.
For further details regarding our cremation options please click on the link below:
Direct burial is similar to a direct cremation, as it is the most cost effective burial option available.
A direct burial is the interment of a body in the days immediately following death.
A casket and an outer burial container would be utilized for burial.
No viewing or visitation would be held at the funeral home and embalming is not required.
A Memorial Service may be held Graveside.